Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Lost in Space: Voyage to the Bottom of the Soul (Bill Mumy, Michal Dutkiewicz)

[***] ISBN: 0976543605

This is Bill Mumy's long unfinished epic graphic novel of the Robinson family finally reaching Alpha Centauri. I'm very glad to finally read the whole thing, after having it interrupted when Innovation went out of business over 10 years ago. I liked the story, swiftly read the entire thing in a couple of sittings, and was pleased with the ending. But I have to report some disappointment in the execution.

The good: the story was interesting, true to the characters and held my attention; the preface material by the creators that outlined the history of the book and their history with the franchise was almost the best part

The bad: the storytelling was a bit stiff in spots; the art struck me as varying from lush and beautiful to mushy and awkward; several misspellings in the text

I would recommend this to fans of the series.

No comments: