Saturday, August 18, 2007

Fifty Things To Do When You Turn Fifty (Ronnie Sellers, ed.)

[**] ISBN: 9781569065907

Yes, this is the birthday I had this year. But this book didn't tell me much I didn't already know. It may be enlightening to someone who was caught completely unaware of their age. But I think most folks hitting this milestone will realize that they aren't kids anymore and will have started thinking these issues through.

That's not to say there isn't good stuff here and that I didn't learn anything. It's just that the essays are all rather short and most of them are very predictable (change your eating habits, exercise, rethink your portfolio, try a new hobby, give something back). I would recommend this as a book to skim through and use as a jumping off point to topics that might need more attention one's life.

No comments: